Volunteer Tourism: CSI's Partner's Program
We know there are many non-medical people who are interested in children’s health issues, would love to donate their time, and want the experience of being part of a medical mission team. In the fall of 2010 the vision for Children’s Surgery International’s Partners Program became a reality. This type of "Volunteer Tourism" has become more popular in the recent years, and CSI is excited to offer this experience through our organization.
Why travel with CSI?
CSI values working as a team; on all missions, we travel and work, eat, sleep and celebrate together as a team. As a Partner of CSI, you would be welcomed onto the team as one of our essential non-medical team members. You will have hands-on experience in the care of the children we are operating on and make a real difference in people’s lives. You will encounter another culture like never before; it will open your eyes in dramatically new ways, and your experience will carry over into your everyday life once you return.
You will travel with our seasoned Partner's Program Coordinator, as well as one or two other CSI Partners making their first trips. The Program Coordinator will serve as your pre-trip trainer and coordinator, and provide both a wealth of information as well as good company as you embark on your mission trip. This experience is individualized and one-of-a-kind.
Upcoming Volunteer Tourism opportunities:
Partner’s Program Trip to Ethiopia
February 12-21, 2016
As a CSI Partner on this mission, you will:
- Become a CSI team member and participate in all mission activities, including interaction with the children and families having surgery, observation in the operating room, and assisting in the pre and postoperative care of the children.
- Receive extensive pre-departure orientation and training by CSI volunteers, including reading materials and other essentials.
- Be housed with the CSI team, including a private room and bath.
- Receive all meals and all in-country transportation.
- Be part of a Partners-specific guided tours in the region.
- Receive round trip coach airfare from any U.S. city (upgrade available at additional cost)
- Help to underwrite a portion of CSI’s costs to conduct this actual mission.
Cost per person: $10,000*
*Limit 3 Partners on this mission trip. Minimum age: 21. The majority of the a Partners fee will be a tax deductible gift to CSI.
If you have further questions please contact:
Sally P. Lannin, CSI Partners Program Coordinator
Lora S. Koppel, CSI Board Member